Join the smallTalk™ TeamImpact a company at an early, pre-commercial stage, and see your work positively impact brain development in infants.
Current Opening: Technology Leader
Thrive Neuromedical is a venture backed startup based in Cleveland, Ohio, creating technology related products to support and enhance brain development in infants. Our first product line is smallTalk™, comprised of both medical and consumer focused products and services. We are looking to hire an experienced Technology Leader to help create and maintain two commercial applications for use in the healthcare space, and one commercial application for use by consumers. Each is an iOT application working with one or more electronic devices, and expected to be commercially available in 2021. Experience with development of Python microservices preferred.
• Establish an App Development team, working independently and with outside vendors to create new apps and maintain existing apps. Your success means an opportunity to help build the Thrive team.
• Plan, Develop, and Document APIs to support mobile apps.
• Partner with Business Leaders to identify the personas and user requirements for development of mobile apps directed to both the consumer market as well as the healthcare market.
• Partner with Technical Experts to understand the business concerns and communicate with a language shared by the Business and the Development team.
• Ensure Unit, Integration, and End to End tests are developed and pass.
• Interact with hardware developers to meet the requirements for IoT usability and communication.
• Create and Implement an Organized Workflow including Project Management best practices, Development style guides and best practices, and strong communication.
• Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications and protocols.
• Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and industry best practices.
• Work closely with colleagues, commercial partners, customers and consumers to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
• 3+ years of demonstrated API development experience
• Strong history of Unit, Integration, and E2E testing.
• Experience developing Microservices with strong preference for Python, also in Java, Ruby, and/or a comparable language
• Focus on API best practices and security
• Strong philosophy on microservices
• Experience in scaling back-end stacks
• Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
• Ability to perform in a startup environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
• Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
• Persistent, team player, with an optimistic attitude
Thrive offers a competitive salary, benefits plus incentive equity options.